Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 9, 2009

I didn't sleep well last night. That's probably another Hep C related thing, but it could also be due to my age (perimenopausal). I am hoping for a better day today, but that's not up to me. I just have to get up and get moving then take it as it comes. One of the most difficult aspects of my journey has been the overwhelming sense of loss I've had. I've lost my health (which was always excellent), my ability to work in the way I'd like, my ability to be a reliable person, my dreams and goals for the future and most importantly HCV has affected my relationships. Some people just can't hang in and be friends with a "sick" person, especially when it's a long haul. I'm at 4-1/2 years now. That's a long time to be sick.

It's especially difficult for my family. I haven't told them about the blog and probably won't. There's a Universe of topics that are censured in my family and they are all related in some strange way to my disease.

It's another dreary day outside which echoes the way I'm feeling on the inside. I'm hoping the sun will come out and I can have a turnaround soon.

3 comments:

  1. Keeping my blog private from my family has been a great outlet...sometime you have to speak your mind without boundaries..knowing that you have not hurt anyone in the process...venting is so fregging healthy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. holdin' a little sun for you down here, sue....

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS..I will alwyas hang in there with ya Sue :)

    ReplyDelete