Saturday, June 12, 2010

June 11, 2010

Well, it's 11:00 EST and I've already managed to get my mother and my daughter mad at me. The latter is a common occurrence (she's 19) so it's pretty much daily. But not so with my mother; I hate to make her upset and avoid it at all costs. She is beginning to become quite forgetful and I think her mind is slipping. I'll admit I got a little short with her, but I made things right and all is well. I need to remember to be more patient. My daughter will most likely give me the "silent treatment" all day which is greatly preferred over our typical conversations. Such it is in this, the "Sandwich Generation."

A new Hep C article came out in the Journal of the American Family Physician. Here's the link:
http://cme.medscape.com/viewarticle/723198?src=cmenews&uac=119460BJ

The new treatment program is coming very close to FDA approval. The problem for me is that my liver is already far too damaged. I could try it; it would involve another round of standard treatment with the addition of a third drug. I am not sure I'd be a candidate since as of 2006 I was already in Stage III liver disease. Stage IV is all-out cirrhosis and I know I'm close. I was close when they staged me at III - there was some evidence of cirrhosis at that time so it's pretty doubtful I'd meet treatment criteria. Plus I just don't know about another round of treatment - AKA "HELL"; I'd have to be pretty sure it would work. Like at least 98%.

Now I'll just go on with my day and try to be happy. Life is really a gift, but to be honest - I'm not feelin' it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment