Monday, June 14, 2010

Another day

Another day of feeling marginally well. I did manage to get up, accomplish a couple of things then return to bed for awhile.

I don't think I'll ever fully adjust to being sick. So many things about my illness parallel my current personal life. Even though my children are grown, I am still a mom. It's difficult to find that balance of if/when to step in on an adult child. When you add illness to the mix it changes the whole dynamic. Do I even have the energy to confront this issue? Which battles do I choose (if any)? How do you deal with adult children who you know are making bad choices for themselves?
I put it out to prayer and wait for an answer. That works quite well for me - I am in the "waiting for an answer" mode at the moment. Praying for clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment