Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pain scales

I think pretty anyone reading this knows about those somewhat annoying pain scales where a medical professional asks you to rate your pain on a 0 (no pain) to 10 (worst pain you can imagine). The scales have been created after years of research that validate the accuracy of the method and the Joint Commission expects to see it when they accredit your medical facility. There is also the pain scale with faces for children, non-English speaking people and those who find it easier to describe using a visual. The face pain scale has also been scientifically proven to be accurate.

Recently, I read a blog that a woman wrote making up her own pain scale, which was pretty funny and a friend of mine sent me another person's personal pain scale. I'm thinking about making my own "how I feel each day" 1-10 scale that fits me. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. The pain scale was great! And well bad at the same time...to know that sometimes you feel like a 10 makes me sad as a friend, I can do nothing to help. They make the face pain scale also for autistic children...we always had a couple hung in our home when the children were young! Great post Sue!

    ReplyDelete